DISCOVER THE KEY SEED CALLED LOVE
God's love is unconditional and everlasting
How can I discover God’s agape love?
The ultimate act of God’s love was the sacrificial crucifixion of His Son, Jesus Christ.
God loved us so much and considered us to be of such great value and importance, that He allowed His only begotten Son to be sacrificed so that we might be redeemed.
Jesus was beaten beyond recognition, whipped with thirty-nine lashes with a whip made of glass, metal, rocks etc.
His flesh was ripped open with every blow.
He was nailed to a wooden cross and his side pierced by a sword. His heart was broken because He bore our sin: the ultimate sacrifice for sin paid once and for all time.
(*Source: Citipointe Live – Higher + Wider + Deeper (2011))
As stated before, our ideas about God, our heavenly Father, are often related to the perceptions we have of our earthly father.
For those of us who had a loving, nurturing relationship with our earthly father, we may find it easy to believe that God loves us.
But for those who were raped, incested, abused, neglected or dominated we often see God in a very different light.
You may find it difficult to believe that the God of this universe could possibly love with a love that transcends all understanding.
But He does! Take a closer look now at the love, mercy, and grace of God and its significance in our life.
2. Read JEREMIAH 31:3. Ask yourself: “How has God loved me?”
3. Read ROMANS 8:38-39. Is there anything that can separate me from this love?
4. Read ROMANS 8:15-17. Describe the nature of my relationship to God
5. Read EPHESIANS 1:4-8. According to this, what has God given me?
God loves us with AGAPE LOVE. This type of love is the unconditional, selfless, unmerited and undeserved type.
The only type of love that many of us have ever experienced is “conditional” love.
There was always a condition attached to our receiving love from someone. It is hard to imagine that God loves us UNCONDITIONALLY.
6. Has there ever been anyone in my life who has shown me this AGAPE kind of love? If so, who was this person and describe how they expressed this love to me.
7. According to I JOHN 4:10 God loved first. Imagine, even before the world was created God was able to look through the corridors of time and He saw me. He knew all about me even before I were born.
8. Look again at I CORINTHIANS 13:4-8 and list the ways AGAPE love is expressed is expressed in the Bible. Write down the key elements of God’s kind of love found in these verses.
Print this page and mark it up as you pray through these next verses.
His love for you.
– Because I am loved by God, He will never leave me or forsake me. (Genesis 28:15,Hebrews 13:5))
– Because I am loved by God, He will always help me. (Hebrews 13:6)
– Because I am loved by God, I never need to be afraid of what man will do to me. (Hebrews 13:6, Isaiah 41:10)
– Because I am loved by God, He will never give up on me. (I Corinthians 13:4-5)
– Because I am loved by God, He will always be kind to me. (I Corinthians 13:4)
– Because I am loved by God, He will never be rude or abusive towards me. (I Corinthians 13:4)
– Because I am loved by God, He will not allow me to continue wallowing in the pit of despair, or allow me to be tempted beyond what I am able to bear, but will always make a way of escape. (I Corinthians 10:13; 13:4)
– Because I am loved by God, He is faithful to me even when I am faithless, because He cannot deny Himself. (II Timothy 2:13)
– Because I am loved by God, He will not be angry with me if I am following Him in truth. (Isaiah 54:9; I Corinthians 13:5)
– Because I am loved by God, He will not allow me to suffer shame. (Isaiah 54:4)
– Because I am loved by God, I do not need to fear disgrace or humiliation. (Isaiah 54:4)
– Because I am loved by God, He will forget the shame of my youth and remember no more my reproach. (Isaiah 54:4)
– Because I am loved by God, He will always look upon me with compassion and loving kindness. (Isaiah 54:8)
– Because I am loved by God, nothing can shake His unfailing love for me and His covenant of peace cannot be removed. (Isaiah 54:10)
– Because I am loved by God, He is restoring my soul. (Psalm 23:3
– Because I am loved by God, He is reconciling me to Himself and is not counting my sin against me. (II Corinthians 5:18)
Do you believe these 16 statements? As you grow, come back to this page you have printed.
Mark each promise you believe right now and continue marking until you can come to the full understanding of who you are in the eyes of Christ.
Too often the individual who suffers from life-dominating problems sees life through a broken lens.
The blood-guiltiness and shame distort everything they see, feel, and hear.
This distorted view is fundamentally why the core problem of every wounded individual is a wounded self- identity.
The key to healing is to “die” to your old self and identity and put on the “new” man which is renewed in the image of He who created you.