Chapter 9 Building Up Your Innermost Being
BUILDING UP YOUR INNERMOST BEING!
Wash in the Word so you can be clean
The goal of this chapter is to build your faith so that I can effectively put off the old and put on the new.
Use these I AM affirmations to begin building up your faith. Do you believe you can change? Do you want to change? Many hurting people face a basic problem. A WOUNDED IDENTITY. Look at yourself honestly in light of everything that has been dug up through this self-inventory phase of the journey.
Can you speak these 15 simple affirmations and believe that they are true for you?
Even if you don’t feel as though these are true yet, speak them so that your own soul can hear these affirmations.
Repeat the affirmations several times and notice the different inflections of your voice as you little by little begin to believe the truth. As we dig through verses of the Bible we are going to uncover your new identity.
No longer will you be called the victim, instead you will be called victor. No longer will you be oppressed. You will be an overcomer.
Read down this list saying out loud: Because of Jesus love for me, I will say: I am…..
1. A child of the Living God (Romans 8:16)
2. Redeemed from the hand of the enemy (Psalm 107:2)
3. Completely forgiven of all sin (Col. 1:13-14)
4. Saved by grace through faith (Eph.2:8)
5. Justified by Jesus’ blood (Romans 5:1)
6. Sanctified and made right with God (I Cor.5:17)
7. A new creature in Christ (II Cor. 5:17)
8. A partaker of His divine nature (II Peter 1:4)
9. Redeemed from the powers of darkness (Col. 1:13)
10. Led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14)
11. Able to do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)
12. An inheritor of eternal life (I John 5:11-12)
13. Able to cast down vain imaginations (II Cor. 10:4-5)
14. Able to bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ (II Cor. 10:5)
15. Healed by His Stripes (I Peter 2:24)
There are 15 key affirmations listed above. Use a blank index card to rehearse each of these affirmations during the day. If you have a problem believing these statements, it may be because you have may have just uncovered your hidden pain and possibly discovered new pain. The good news is that these truths will take root in your life one by one as we move through the next phase of this journey. As you look at the problems evident in your life, you may either feel hopeless or helpless to change . This is why these things are called ‘life-dominating’ problems or issues. The good news is you can change, even if you don’t believe it right now.