What is Propitiation?
The original Greek work means to appease or to satisfy the need for vengeance.
God does not punish us or make us pay according to our sins. He forgives us according to His grace by the act of His mercy.
You might compare it to being charged with a felony and Jesus, the attorney, handing the judge the letter that states that your sentence has already been paid in full.
God’s perfect sinless state demands judgment for every sin. In fact, the rules of life say that sin against God demands an eternal death verdict.
Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice by dying on the cross for the remission of all sin. The debt has been paid in full by Jesus.
To help you better grasp this concept, answer the next few questions.
1. I JOHN 4:9-11. How did God’s manifest His LOVE toward us?
2. This also says that God sent His Son to be the ___________for my sins. This
also means the______________ for my sins.
3. ROMANS 5:6-11. For whom did Christ die?
4. How have I been justified?
5. EPHESIANS 2:4-6. According to these verses, what has God done for
6. I CORINTHIANS 14:33. “For God is not the author of confusion but of peace,
as in all the churches of the saints.”
7. GALATIANS 5:22-23. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness, control.”
Submit your review